I love spending time in the kitchen with Parker. It may require a little (a lot!) of extra clean up but it’s well worth it. Parker loves adding ingredients, mixing and of course, taste testing! I like to make cookies from scratch but when Parker is going to be helping I look for easier, semi-homemade recipes like these Funfetti Cookies. I came across the recipe on the Pinterest last week and knew it was a keeper! I picked up everything we needed from Target and we got to baking!
When Parker was a baby I had her in a Bumbo seat. Now that’s she bigger I just set her on the island. Pretty soon she’ll be able to kneel on a stool to help! To keep her busy, I set extra plastic bowls and utensils out that she can play with. Before we started I pre-measured everything so she could add it to the bowl.
I also make sure to keep Parker’s shirt clean with a bib! These Hemming Birds Charlie Bibs
are my go-to bibs. They are cute and functional and the perfect size
because they cover up her whole belly while we’re baking! I also love
that they snap on the side instead of the back for easy removal and cleanup. We have
the machine washable Fairyland Trio set.
Now here’s the recipe! I made them exactly as the instructions listed but had to cook them for 3-4 minutes longer because I made the balls bigger.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix (15.25 oz)
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In bowl beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth, add in egg and continue mixing, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add in the cake mix and beat until combined.
- Stir in extra sprinkles.
- Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet 2″ apart and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Let’s Be Friends!