Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TryTidepurclean #tidepurclean
I can’t believe my daughter started preschool yesterday! With the first day of fall coming up and back to school shopping done, I thought it would be a good time to clean and organize her room; and with the help of Tide purclean and a couple of garbage bags we were able to tackle that job with ease! Her drawers were a mess and her closet was stuffed with items that no longer fit (why do they outgrow stuff so fast!?). Her clothes are now super clean and organized and all set for the beginning of a new season! Bring on sweaters, boots and scarves!
I know it doesn’t look like her closet was bad before but I was able to get a whole bag of garbage, a bag to donate and a tote to sell. Here are the steps I took to prepare my daughter’s closet for fall.
1. Toss anything that is stained or has holes/tears. I kept a couple old tee shirts for playing outside but she had far too many clothes with large stains. I never put them on her so they were just taking up space. Don’t forget old socks and underwear too!
2. Try on items from last fall and winter. If they still fit bring them to the front of the closet. I put all of Parker’s fall clothes on the bottom so she could pick out her own outfits before school.
3. Before you pack away or stash in the back of the closet any summer clothes that will still fit next year, wash it all with plant-based Tide purclean. Parker’s closet is big enough that I store everything in there. Labeled totes work great for storing out of season clothes as well.
4. Decide if you want to donate, store (for future kids) or sell any items that no longer fit. I sell clothing at a local children’s consignment sale twice a year so I put the items in totes marked fall/winter or spring/summer. That way I’m prepared for our sale when it comes around! The Facebook Marketplace is also a great place to sell children’s clothing. Sometimes I’ll have items that are still in good condition but aren’t “sale worthy.” I donate those items to our local community center.
5. Remove tags from any new items and wash with Tide purclean. All of Parker’s back to school clothes were still on the store hangers with tags attached so. I removed the tags, and saved the hangers for my consignment sale items. and laundered everything. I also took this time to write her name in all her sweaters and jackets, a preschool requirement!
6. Wash everything you’re keeping or storing! I laundered all the clothing with Tide purclean that I purchased from my local Fred Meyer here in Seattle. I used the Honey Lavender scent so the entire closet smelled fresh and clean. Officially ready for the new season and school year!
Earlier this year our family switched all of our household products to cleaner, safer and more natural alternatives. I was so excited when I heard about the new Tide purclean laundry detergent. I’ve tried several other, more expensive detergents and they didn’t clean as well. The Honey Lavender scent is my favorite but it also comes in Unscented. Tide purclean is HE-compatible and cleans just as well in cold water! I try to wash most of our clothing in cold water because it saves energy. Tide shares the same eco-friendly values as I do by producing purclean in a facility that uses 100% renewable wind electricity and is zero manufacturing waste to landfill. Tide purclean is free of dyes, chlorine, phosphates, ethanolamine and optical brighteners. Both of my kids have sensitive skin and I feel good using this plant-based detergent on both my own and my family’s laundry.
Is your kid’s closet in need of an overhaul? It took me less than an hour to clean and organize her closet and dresser, and I couldn’t be happier! Cleaning before a new season gives me renewed energy. We are ready to take on preschool!
Get over to Fred Meyer and pick up Tide purclean today. And be on the lookout for Tide purclean Demonstration Carts which will be at Fred Meyer Seattle locations on select days throughout September to get your $3 off one Tide purclean liquid laundry detergent (excludes trial/travel size).