Disclosure: I received free product to facilitate this post. All opinions are mine. This post also contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post.
It’s officially spring! The days are longer, the weather is better and the kids are ready to get outside! I am too. Winter seemed to go on forever this year. I learned early on in motherhood to always have the car stocked and ready for anything. Between my diaper bag and the back of my SUV, I am prepared for pretty much whatever my kids throw at me!
We live out in the country so it takes us an hour to get anywhere. I have to be prepared! I don’t need much for the toddler anymore in terms of gear. A few snacks in the bag and she’s good. I was carting around her Minnie Mouse potty but she’s finally using the restroom while we’re out. YESSSS! However, I do need a few things for the little one. Here are my on-the-go with baby essentials…
1. Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station – I use this for changing diapers in the back of my SUV, at the park, or anytime we are visiting friends/family. The clutch folds out into a changing pad. It has pockets for diapers, wipes, keys, etc. Plus it clips right on to my stroller.
2. Baby Jogger Summit X3 – I’ve mentioned this stroller several times on the blog because it’s our favorite! It folds up nice and compact and doesn’t weigh a ton. I always leave it in my car in case we end up somewhere we need it.
3. bblüv Nidö 2-in-1 Travel & Play Tent – We just got this play tent a couple weeks ago and we’ve already used it several times. It provides UV protection and is a fun place for infants or toddlers to play. I set it up at the park for Timothy to play in while Parker was running around. It goes together easy and folds up small in a carrying bag.
4. LILLEbaby COMPLETE Embossed Luxe Ergonomic Baby Carrier – I’ve tried a lot of baby carriers and this one is by far the most comfortable for extended wear. It can be worn 6 ways, provides lumbar support and can be used for kids up to 45 lbs.
5. Lily Jade Meggan Diaper Bag – This is the holy grail of diaper bags. The Meggan bag is the perfect size for multiple kids. It holds everything I need for a day on-the-go with both kids! I’m not going to get into what I keep in there at the moment but it’s a lot. This bag is an investment but totally worth it.
6. Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – Obviously I like to have several options for how I can carry around my baby! I keep them all rolled up in a tote in the back of my SUV. The Binxy is perfect for grocery shopping or quick trips to Target.
Keeping these things in the car makes getting ready to head out so much easier. If we decide to hit the park on the way home I know Timothy will always have a safe spot to hang out. Sometimes I let his mood tell me if it’s going to be stroller, carrier or play tent!
I’m looking forward to spring and summer and doing lots of exploring with my two littles. Do you have any must have on-the-go items for your baby?
Pregnant and love some of these products? Gugu Guru is offering a new concierge service to help prepare for baby! With affordable packages, Gugu Guru’s experts across the country will work with you to build you the exact registry that you need. They will also provide additional services such as lactation support, birth plans, safety consulting and more – all highly personalized to your specific needs.