This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreHuggiesMoreSavings #CollectiveBias
As you might be aware we welcomed our newest addition last Wednesday. During the weeks and months leading up to his arrival we tried to prepare our toddler the best we could. We found out we were expecting right before her 2nd birthday. She didn’t quite grasp the situation for several months. She thought I had a kitty in my tummy. Sorry to disappoint kid! Now that he is here though she is a great big sister! Getting her involved in everything from my doctor appointments, to setting up the nursery, to picking out his clothes has helped a lot. 2.5 is a busy age and she likes to feel important. Below are 4 ways we used to prepare our toddler for a new baby…
1. Reading big sister books – Our toddler loves books. We read every night. I knew adding a few big sister/new baby books to our rotation would be a fun way to prepare her. She would point to the pictures and say baby brother. Also, how cute is the red-head in the I Am a Big Sister book?!
2. Practicing with a new baby doll – A few weeks ago Parker received this baby doll. We used the new doll to practice holding baby gently, feeding a bottle, putting socks on and even changing diapers. She’s such a good little mama!
3. Adding a step stool to changing area – Finishing this step stool was my last project before my scheduled c-section date. I knew Parker would want to be involved in helping change and dress the baby. And she does! Helping her feel important and needed has curbed a lot of jealousy issues too.
4. Helping keep the changing station stocked with Huggies® products – My little one is a lot like me. She loves putting things away and organizing bins. And also un-organizing bins! She is a toddler. One of her jobs is to make sure the changing station is stocked with diapers and wipes everyday. We joined Sam’s Club because of this amazing deal they have on Huggies products – join now and get $45 in Instant Savings. Simply buy any three participating Huggies products to get rewarded. You can join online (you must use THIS link) or you can join in club! We chose to join online to get an additional $5 e-gift card. Signing up is easy…
- Join Sam’s Club
- Buy any 3 participating Huggies® products.
- Get $45 instantly loaded onto your new Sam’s Club Membership Card.
Sam’s Club offers convenient pick-up service. This was another selling point on the membership. With two little ones to tote around I don’t have all day to wander the isles of such a big store. All I have to do is shop online (look for items marked Pick up in Club), then when I’m ready to pick up I check in on the app, at the kiosk inside or pull up in the drive thru area (available in select clubs). I’m so glad we found another place to buy our Huggies. Babies go through a ton of diapers! The Sam’s Club Huggies packs offer significant savings, just check out the chart below.
How did you prepare your child(ren) for a new baby?