We’re one week away from the first day or fall! Can you believe it? Honestly I’ve been in fall mode for a couple weeks now but who’s counting? Also I hope nobody is counting how long it’s been since I blogged. MONTHS. Since early spring actually. Ahh well, let’s just pick up where we left off shall we? I used to be obsessed with Mrs. Meyers products, especially when the pumpkin scent came out. But know better, do better right! Most Mrs. Meyers products score an 8 on the Think Dirty app (with a 10 being the worst!). So that’s a big no from me. I knew I could create my own pumpkin spice scented cleaner using my beloved essential oils and Thieves Household Cleaner as the base. The end product is a lovely spicy, buttery pumpkin spice scent!
Thieves Household Cleaner is a super concentrated cleaning solution. A little goes a long way! For everyday cleaning all you need is one capful in a 16 oz bottle, then fill the rest of the way with water. Some of my favorite things about it are it’s safe for granite countertops and it’s completely fine to use around children, even infants! There are no harsh chemicals so I don’t have to worry about ingesting something toxic. My toddlers even help with the cleaning! Plus you only need one product for counters, floors, bathrooms, glass etc. Which saves space in my small cabinets. One bottle lasts for 4-5 months and I clean every surface of our house with it.
To make Pumpkin Spice Thieves Cleaner I started with my normal cleaning solution ratio – one capful Thieves Household Cleaner in a 16 oz amber glass bottle. Then I added about 5 drops of each of the following oils: Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Clove, Ginger and Cardamom. Then I just filled the rest of the bottle with filtered water, put the sprayer on and gave it a good shake! Voila! Pumpkin Spice cleaning goodness.
Here’s a breakdown of each of the oils I used:
- Cinnamon Bark – Cinnamon Bark is one of the key ingredients in Thieves but smells sweeter on its own. It smells amazing with Orange too!
- Nutmeg – Are you a Pumpkin Spice lover? Look no further than Nutmeg!
- Clove – Clove is a wonderful oil to have on hand for not only it’s warm, smokey scent but also for the health properties! Simply google “benefits of Clove essential oil!!”
- Ginger – Ginger offers amazing digestive support and it’s also a wonderful oil for baking with and using in the Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Cardamom – Cardamom is a member of the ginger family and features a spicy, refreshing aroma that can be uplifting.
I only trust and use Young Living essential oils. The “green products” at the store are hiding all sorts of nasties that I don’t want anywhere near my family. One of the main things that separates Young Living as a company is their seed to seal process. We have our own farms and the process that goes into assuring purity is truly incredible.
Want a free bottle of Nutmeg, Clove AND Ginger? Ask me how before the end of the month!